- I thought I'd let you all see my favourite colours for summer, (to be honest, it's every colour, well. most.)
- There are plenty of nail blogs around such as Linda's, Camille's or Chloe's, and I could look at them for ages, along with plenty of Pinterest boards, but as much as I like painting my nails, I haven't the patience for complex designs, my varnish only ever lasts one day before it starts to look chipped!
- Looking at the nail trends from the catwalk there are a few predominant trends, but the nails (on the whole) appear to be kept short and square, with slightly rounded corners. I like this length of nails, they are practical, while the shape looks quite neat.
- It's summer, so obviously it appears to be the best time of year to play with brights! perhaps even a nod to the neon trend of 2012.
(Clockwise from left)
1. Bourjois 1 Seconde in 09 Lavande.
2. collection 2000 hot looks fast dry 5 with Claire's cosmetics nail polish in an unknown NEON pink colour! (The neon-ness of this does not show through, it's SO bright!)
3. Barry M Nail Paint in 304 Mint Green (My absolute favourite colour!)
- Bright colours are a summer no-brainer, and so are pastels, colours that evoke a feeling of springy-summer florals, unoffensive, feminine colours.
(left to right)
1. 17 High Gloss Nail Polish in Pinking Shear with Color Club 842 Sex Symbol (I do actually really like this look, the Pinking Shear is just a delicate colour you could get away with in work environments who weren't fond of over powering nail colour's and the sex symbol on the top just makes them glisten in the light, super hard to capture in a picture!)
2. Barry M Nail Paint in 308 Berry
- One of my favourite tricks with nail varnish is to paint a couple of coats of a glitter top coat onto my nails and create an almost foil-like texture. I once went into a night club with one of my friends, and handing over my money at the ticket booth the woman giving tickets stopped me and demanded I tell her how I did it! - it was rather a surreal moment for me, but I've been doing it for a while and it adds a little interest to an otherwise plain colour, my favourite glitter is a taupe colour! It's a good job that many of the design houses featured metalics in their collections this spring/summer!
- Although I think this gold colour would be best suited around Christmas time, I also see it working quite well on holiday after a day at the beach, when you go to a resteraunt! (Shame the Man is set on Barcelona this year!)
(Clockwise from left)
1. Barry M Nail Paint in 320 Foil Effects (I do like this polish, despite the blatant brush lines it leaves, would be nice with a clear top coat, but I wanted to just show the true colour)
2. Bourjois 1 Seconde in 14 Rainbow Apparition (So beautiful - I'm wearing that right now!)
3. Color Club 845 Art of Seduction
- Now if you are into more conservative colours, if you wear deep dark colours all year round, you're in luck this summer designers such as Naeem Khan featured dark colours in more autumnal shades
- I did try however to brighten up slightly the darker colours, for example a dusky pink, a deeper red and a taupe-y brown.
(Clockwise from Left)
1. Maybelline Express Finish Lacquer in 77 Rouge Seductuion (I just painted a thin wash of colour, but this can be built up to a deep almost black colour in three coats, it does dry imensely fast as well, claiming "from wet to set in 40s".
2. Collection 2000 Hot Looks in 2 Couture ( this colour is so uninspiring in the bottle, so you would almost never pick it up, but I love the way it looks on the fingers, a beautiful dusky mauve-y pink that compliments almost every skin tone)
3. Barry M Nail Paint in 310 Mushroom.
- Basically. . . . it's the summer! anything goes! inspire yourself and polish your nails for a super finished look. You're in luck, any colour you choose will more than likely be in vogue!
- All those girls who run full time nail blogs, you are wholly admired by myself, it is so hard to take a picture of your own hand!