- I love making things.
- I love even more making random things that make others happy.
- This often leads me to making food-related items.
- a few weeks ago I found this recipe on Wildfox, now I don't know what made me want to try this, because I despise lavender, I hate the smell of it, but I think it was because the image was sooo pretty I had to try! I just wish I had purple glassware like the picture to make it just as amazing. . . alas, I don't.
- My recipe differs slightly from the original, mainly because I couldn't be bothered to freshly squeeze so much juice!!
1. 2 cups of lavender; place in a pan.
2. Peel of 1 lemon & 1 orange ( I used a potato peeler), 4 cups of sugar.
3. 2 cups of water, 4 cups of orange juice.
4. Slowly dissolve the sugar over a low heat, then bring to the boil, turn off the heat. Leave to infuse for at least 15 minutes, then let completely cool.
5. Because I can't leave well enough alone, I dyed it purple with food colouring!! (mmm, mauve!)
6. Strain it & Bottle it!
- This stuff is seriously amazing with blue Curaçao and Lemonade on ice. Perfect summer cocktail! Give it a go!