These would be soo cute on Valentine's day non?!
- So, lately, apparently all I do is food related!
- It's a weird one, but recently I have just become SO bored with the same meals we eat day in day out.
- I don't know if it's just us that do this, but you fall into such a rut of the same meals every week. Thursdays = Pasta. etc.
- I've been really trying hard to create new dishes that we haven't had before, easier said than done in my family, with SUCH picky siblings!
"what's this green stuff you put in potato salad?!!!"
"eww why would you put leaves in potatoes?!!!"
*proceeds to pick off chives*
and as a result I tend to stalk the realm of food blogs a little too much, trying to please everyone.
- Some of my favourites are
- I can't wait to try this Spicy Sun Dried Tomato Hummus Yum!
- Claire is such an charming lady, I love her little videos, so creative.
-Margarita Cookies? Heck yes!
- Any girl who mixes Strawberries, Goats Cheese and Spinach has me as a fan!
- Says it all really, doesn't it!?
- A little in love with this lady. Possibly my favourite blog to read at the moment!
- She is such an adorable character, her recipes look amazing, and she's so cute!
- Creepy love-fest over now, I promise, just, go visit her!
- Oh, and mega love for the yellow colour scheme she has on her blog at the moment. haha.
- Well 'Food That Doesn't Suck' what can I say about you?!
- I blame you for my sudden urge to make heart shaped pies!! It's all your fault!!
- A while ago I found this post on mini heart shaped pies, and oh my goodness, how sweet? I decided then and there that they had to be made. stat.
-We currently have an abundance of raspberries (seriously, we need more recipes for raspberries, I'd love to have some if anyone has any suggestions. We've tried salad dressings, mousses, cake, muffins, icecream, cocktails. . . the list goes on!) and so I decided to make raspberry pies.
1. Just your basic pastry mix, I usually just bung it in the food processor, trust me, so much easier that way. Whiz 8oz plain flour with 4oz butter (I say butter because it's better if you do, but I used margerine!) until it resembles bread crumbs, then whilst the blade is still going add tepid water a little at a time until the whole mizture combines and clumps up, probably only need about 2tbsp of water. Of course you could do it the old fashioned way and rub with your hands, then add water and mix with a spoon. Roll it out and stamp your shapes!
2. Make your pie filling! You could buy it premade, but as afore mentioned glut of raspberries is upon us, I made mine. For this filling chuck 2 cups of raspberries into a pan, add 1 tsp of vanilla essence, 1/4 cup of flour and 1/2 cup of sugar heat this over a low heat until the sugar has all disolved stirring whilst this happens, your mixture should get quite thick but I like to add 1tbsp of cornflour, I find it makes the mixture silkier. This doesn't take long, a couple of minutes on a low heat.
3. Spoon your filling onto the hearts, add the lids, pierce a hole, seal the edges, and if like me, you have an obsession with food colouring this would be a good time to sprinkle dyed red sugar all over the top of your pies!
4. After baking in the centre of an oven at 160°C for 15 minutes you will have some pretty crowd pleasing pies!
-This is all! Have a great day, keep inspired!