Wednesday 20 July 2011

2 :16 Strawberry Salad?

Salad dressing

- I like doing weird things to salads.

- I don't know about you, but this is something my family would never consider doing, fruit? in salad? odd. However I do have family in canada, and they do all sorts of funky things like marshmallows and Jello in salad, so maybe it's not that odd. (Do you put crazy dessert related things into salad? or are you a strict lettuce, tomato, cucumber, celery, mayonaise kinda person?)

- This is my favourite salad, ever.
- My mother will vouch for me here, I'll take this over most other foods, every time.

Super simple, all it is is 1cup of strawberries, 3tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar and 1tbsp of sugar if needed (I recently stopped drinking drinks with sugar in regularly, and I'm not saying I cut them out completely, but with a meal, instead of drinking fruit cordial, I'll just have water, and I've found that I like things a lot less sweet now, so I don't put the sugar in anymore) Just whizz it up in the food processor and bottle it up, (we save the bottles from bought salad dressings)

-I've tried this with Kiwi's (we had some and they were past best, you know a little squishy, no-one wanted them and they would probably have been chucked out) and raspberries (I've explained the raspberry issue we have at current!) and they are just as nice, they also keep FOREVER, I think it's because you are basically pickling the fruit with the vinegar. (note: by forever, I mean a long time, but don't take it too literally because forever is a long time!)

-I like to serve it with some crumbled goats cheese, a few sliced strawberries and Spinach (I know it's not spinach up there, but we didn't have any!)

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, heeyyyy!
go on . . leave a comment. . you know you want to! (and I want you to really!)