- To begin with, this is the song Sirens of the Sea by OceanLab. Holloway shot the photographs of the singer for the cover of the album *ClickyClicky*. It is definitely not my first song of choice, and I have spent a fair amount of time trying to decide whether or not it goes with Holloway's artwork. I shall leave that up to you as I can't decide.
- The Artist I have chosen to feature this time is 38 year old, Bahranian born Zena Holloway.
- After my Love Affair with Elena Kalis I became somewhat obsessed with underwater photography, there is just something so peaceful about the images.
- Her love for underwater photography apparently started in Egypt on a scuba diving holiday when she was 18. She returned three years later to gain PADI qualifications.
-She then continued photographing underwater during her time as a commercial diver and diving instructor. Later in 1995 she returned to England where she worked in fashion and advertising.1
- I guess this concept is a bit of an amalgamation of her two loves, being underwater, and fashion photography. (Never let it be said that I'm not a genius!!)
- On her website there are many breathtaking editorials and sets, as well as advertisements which feature her work, however this set is my favourite, entitled Sirens.
All pictures can be found here
I have also found a video on youtube by Zena, entitled SwanSongs. . (which makes me think of Hollywood Undead, but that's a different matter entirely!) It's beautiful, here it is!!