Friday 15 July 2011

2 :10 Nina Katchadourian and Her Spider Home Rescue Service!

Marketing-Tips-For-Spiders
(This made me laugh!)

- For the last two years I have lived in a block of flats, which is literally falling down. They are wood framed buildings, and let me tell you, even on the fourth floor, when the wind picks up it is the scariest thing I have ever experienced.

- We were stood in my bathroom, and you could see the water in the toilet sloshing back and forth! So scary!

- Having said that, my friends have lived in worse places! one of my best friends' kitchen windows nearly fell out, and the ceiling in my other friends' flat fell through when their upstairs neighbours were having a shower!! - Long story short I am so excited to move into our new house (STURDY!)

- Anyway, I digress. The point I was trying to make was, if someone had snook around in the middle of the night filling in all the cracks and fixing my home, I wouldn't be fussed! I'd be grateful! Unlike the Spiders Nina Katchadourian fixed webs for! . . . ungrateful little so and so's!!

- Nina Katchadourian is a bit of a contemporary artist. Born in california she spent a lot of time growing up surrounded by nature on the island of Pörtö.

- One of her projects which caught my eye was her fixing of spiders webs, apparently she used bits of starched sewing thread and tweezers to fix spiders' webs. Every time she fixed one, the spider would come back (usually over night) disgard her threads and patch the web up properly.

Mended-Spiderweb-19-Laundry

Mended-Spiderweb-collage
-All pictures can be found here


- I'm not entirely sure what posessed her to do it. . it's a little bit out there, and I'm not sure whether I'm impressed she had the patience to do it. . . or whether I'm a little bit worried she spent so much time doing it!! Either way, it's pretty cool, and secretly I'm a bit impressed she tried to help the spiders. RSPCA need not worry!


signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, heeyyyy!
go on . . leave a comment. . you know you want to! (and I want you to really!)