Saturday 16 July 2011

2 :11 D.I.Y-ing My Hair!

DSC_00672

- It's kind of hard to ignore the sudden influx of creative hair dying at the moment. Whether it's Ombré tips or a full on bleach job.

- I have probably had my hair every colour under the sun at some point from black to blonde to red to peroxide (with a bit of green, orange and pink thrown in there for good measure) However recently I have decided to leave it be and just let it be it's natural medium blonde colour. I'm doing well. It's been this way longer than I thought possible, but I need colour in my life, it's so boring without it!

- My hair colour is definitely something that effects my mood. The darker it is, the more drab I feel. I LOVE darker hair on other people, but on me, no.

- Just look at this!
62
TBDlaurenhaircolorpinkblue
- and of course we have all seen how gorgeous this is. . .

2937f226

- Today I decided to put some pink in my hair, well, I left all my other dyes in my flat so all I had available was pink so it was decided for me. In all fairness the green and blue fade funny (lookin' a bit mouldy!) but the pink fades to a slightly oranger shade of my natural colour and then back to normal, so it's a good choice!.


pink hair!
- Having dyed my hair soooo many times, other than the obvious (don't over wash your hair etc) I have learnt that if you paint the colour onto dry hair (not damp like it suggests) it stays longer, and is brighter.

- If my hair was dark, I'd obviously have to bleach it out first, but I got away with it being painted straight onto my natural colour. I may go over it again just to make it a little more vibrant, but for now I'm happy.

- Side note, have you ever tried to take a picture of your own hair?! it's freaking hard!


signature

5 comments:

  1. you're hair is so pretty how do you get it all wavy like that? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. er, my hair is naturally VERY curly, so it holds curls well. I blast it with the hairdryer to knock most of the curl out, then I just flick the ends of the layers up with a 1 1/2" curling iron.
    It never used to do that, but I have a LOT of layers at the moment (they start at my ear lobe) which is why I think it flicks out like that. . (I'm pants at explaining!)
    - Trust me, there are a lot of days where I look like I've not seen a brush in days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont like it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could do that to my hair! but it's so dark that I don't think it would work out...
    Maybe some day I'll try something like that. Looks really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, heeyyyy!
go on . . leave a comment. . you know you want to! (and I want you to really!)