Wednesday, 28 December 2011
7 :2 A Slight Obsession With Peach Maxi Skirts - I'm Taking my Mind From the Fact I am Going to be Frightened to Death This Eve.
- There is just something about the billowing of fabric around your legs as you walk, the elegance of the flowing material.
- I love wearing maxi skirts - even in the winter - I love it so much because when it is so cold I can put leggings on underneath, and no one knows!
- My boyfriend (who refers to my taste in fashion as 'hobo') HATES with a passion my collection of long skirts.
- I can't help it though, I love how demure, and how unrevealing they are.
- Perhaps I was born in the wrong time era. . . or maybe I should be Amish. . but I'm going to continue to wear my skirts!
- I think long gone are the days where long skirts were simply for the frumpy, high fashion breathes longer hemlines and everyday outfits should be able to carry off such a simple statement.
- This current obsession began with the first image, which I found on tumblr - I just loved the swathes of peachy fabric against the sharp black blazer. . . So now I am in search of a peachy skirt - but it must be just right, tight maxi skirts are perhaps (along with being a MAJOR throwback of the 90's) the
most unflattering things known to man.
- I think it is a common view that only tall people can wear maxi skirts, is it not? For fear of the shorter among us becoming swallowed in the long hemlines - I don't have this problem, being the giant I am! - but I don't believe it is exactly true (google the Olsen twins, they are teeny-tiny and wear long hems all the time. . they look stunning doing so).
- On most occasions I listen to the man, but this time I think I will ignore him ( I think he just wants me to get my legs out!!) He takes me shopping in beautiful vintage stores ( I will have to show you some of my recent purchases) and happily pulls pieces from the shelves for me. . . but I'm not having this one. I AM RIGHT - did he not know that? I'm always correct!!
- What do you think? Yay or Nay? Should we tuck the long skirts away and stick to the shorter versions, or are you in on the long skirt?
- Happy Wednesday! - I hope everyone is well - I'm going on a ghost walk (terrified) so it could be an interesting one! Much love.
**All images link to original sources**