Friday, 13 January 2012
Store Lovin' #4 : Miss Selfridge ( A Pleasant Surprise!)
- I think it takes a lot to develop your own personal style.
- I think that it is an accumulation over your life. You don't have one style and stick to it.
- I feel that recently, I know exactly what I like, and what I don't. I know what I want to wear and what I feel extremely uncomfortable in. For example. I HATE jeans, apart from one brand, I don't wear jeans. I have just never found a pair that fit nicely and are flattering. (lack of bum and ridiculously long legs prrroooobabbblyyyy don't help!)
- I admire those (my brothers girlfriend in particular) who dress simply, who can wear a pair of jeans, a twinset and a pair of earrings and be done. However everyone who knows me, knows I won't be done. I feel naked without scarves, necklaces, earrings, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I am a walking bazaar. I like my clothes to tell a story.
- That said, Miss Selfridge are really impressing me at the moment. I have never really shopped there. I think I had a pair of Purple lurex lycra flares circa 2000, but apart from that, no.
- Some things that I can't live without. Willowy tops, wedges, shorts, black, smart clothes that can transition into night, into job interview (any advertising agencies willing to hire me. . .I'm free!). . Miss Selfridge appears to be hitting the nail on the head. . . but am I the only one the name puts off?
- Post Christmas Sales, did evolve into me buying a fully beaded top from Miss Selfridge, I can't find it online, but I felt like a flapper! it is amazing!