Friday 13 January 2012

Store Lovin' #4 : Miss Selfridge ( A Pleasant Surprise!)

store love

- I think it takes a lot to develop your own personal style.

- I think that it is an accumulation over your life. You don't have one style and stick to it.

- I feel that recently, I know exactly what I like, and what I don't. I know what I want to wear and what I feel extremely uncomfortable in. For example. I HATE jeans, apart from one brand, I don't wear jeans. I have just never found a pair that fit nicely and are flattering. (lack of bum and ridiculously long legs prrroooobabbblyyyy don't help!)

- I admire those (my brothers girlfriend in particular) who dress simply, who can wear a pair of jeans, a twinset and a pair of earrings and be done. However everyone who knows me, knows I won't be done. I feel naked without scarves, necklaces, earrings, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I am a walking bazaar. I like my clothes to tell a story.

- That said, Miss Selfridge are really impressing me at the moment. I have never really shopped there. I think I had a pair of Purple lurex lycra flares circa 2000, but apart from that, no.

- Some things that I can't live without. Willowy tops, wedges, shorts, black, smart clothes that can transition into night, into job interview (any advertising agencies willing to hire me. . .I'm free!). . Miss Selfridge appears to be hitting the nail on the head. . . but am I the only one the name puts off?

23P06HBLK_large

15M48HCRM_large

20S16HMUL_large

51W02JBLK_large


- Post Christmas Sales, did evolve into me buying a fully beaded top from Miss Selfridge, I can't find it online, but I felt like a flapper! it is amazing!

signature

7 comments:

  1. thanks a lot for your comment!!! I love your blog, it's amazing! i follow you!!!

    xoxo

    CGG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome! I really enjoy reading through your posts, and you are so lovely.

      Delete
  2. great style picks. i love the skirt especially. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aahhh the skirt!!

    xo katrina
    theyoungbridgetjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not entirely sure if you are scared of the skirt or not?! haha, I bought a skirt like the one you were talking about, and I wore it tonight, sheer, black, (leggings underneath) and was surprisingly warm!

      Delete
  4. I get what you say. Sometimes I look at my wardrobe and wonder if i will ever know what to call my style. It's a work in progress. I do know what I like, so...

    That tee is so absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! I just followed you. I recently started my own blog and would love some feedback or maybe even a follow. Thanks so much, and keep up the great work!
    Justinerawrmakeup.blogspot.com

    Justinerawr,xo

    ReplyDelete

Oh, heeyyyy!
go on . . leave a comment. . you know you want to! (and I want you to really!)