Saturday, 8 September 2012
Monthly Favourites: August
l.Natural Collection Body Sprays in Mango & Papaya; Passionfruit (currently on 3 for 2)
- I have been searching for cheap body scents without propellant and I found these at Boots. Not something I would have picked up normally, but they smell clean, the scents are nice, and the wear well. Saves me having to use my expensive perfume every day!
2. Stila Fiber Optics Mascara in Black
- My current favourite mascara, it lengthens and adds some serious volume. You do have to be wary of clumping, but nothing a spare spooly can't sort out. The concept is really similar to other fiber extension mascaras, but compared to maybelline, stila is on top.
3. Me Me Me Boho Balm
- I love lip stains. I love the colour taupe. This claimed to have both, and where I wouldn't say it is a lip stain, more of a cream blush/lip colour, I love the taupe colour. It's such a unique colour with purple undertones that is amazingly flattering (the peach shade isn't bad either- it has both inside)
4.Lacura Shimmering Day Cream
- I have repurchased this so many times. A gorgeous day cream, that I also like to use on my legs, it's cheap, I don't feel like I'm wasting anything, plus a little goes a long way. Gold shimmers light up and even out your complexion. I have also used this over make-up as a highlighter. Wouldn't be without this.
5. 17 Blemish Balm in Fair
-BB creams have seriously saved my skin. I have completely stopped breaking out and have had clear skin for the past couple of months. I like this one despite the poor shade range. Anyone who is paler than me will have to find something else unless they want to look like an oompa loompa.
6. Essie Nail Varnish in Ballet Slippers
- Everyone loves this colour. Apart from my mother! I love the colour, it doesn't take center stage, and I like that. Apart from the colour, the formulation of this polish is DIRE.
7. St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse in Medium
- The only fake tan I've been using at the moment, my current new favourite. I have never had problems with it blotching or fading unevenly.
8. CVS Make-up Remover Pads
- They do the job. What else?!
9. Clarins Lotion Tonique
- I tend to prefer harsher toners, but I really like this one.
10. Lacura Pressed Powder in Transparent
- Another Aldi star buy. I've repurchased this a few times over the years. I love the way it feels on the skin, definitely not cakey. The sleek silver coloured compact leads it to appear much more luxurious than the couple of pounds it was from Aldi!
11.Mitchum Advanced Control 48hr Deoderant
- I realise that deoderant is strange to talk about but . . .I've never had a cream deoderant before, but it is so effective I can't believe I haven't! On the odd couple of days I've reverted to my normal roll on I can REALLY tell the difference. This one has been living in my handbag and I've had it nearly five months and it's going strong!