-but what I really want to know is. Is this what really inspires you, or is it what you think other people want to see at that time, are they simply pictures of things you like the look of?
- Then again, is that not something that inspires you?! Is there a difference between liking the look of something and it inspiring you?!
- Whenever I am feeling down or unwell, or just not myself I like to surround myself in a visual world of images which make me happy, this is my inspiration, and more often than not these images come into fruition in my daily life, they inspire me to do projects in my own world!
- I do have a LOT of exciting projects to share with you in the next couple of posts
- I promise, they are good ones! (even if the image quality is crud - by crud, I mean not my normal standard, but I think I am a little OCD so all shall be well)
- Anyway, I used to download and store thousands of inspirational images onto my hardrive (which is now caput and I have to save everything to an external one, that story aside) I now primarily use three different sources of inspiration.
1. Pinterest <<pssst that goes to my Pinterest account! (we all know and use Pinterest yes? If we don't we do now! get to it!) [these are from my 'Think' board]
2. Tumblr <<pssst that goes to THFM! (now I know this has a stigma [14 years old] and what annoys me the most is that on tumblr the source of the original image is often lost. . . whereas on pinterest it is automatically logged, but I love my tumblr account for little things like decorations, gifts, trinkets, jewellery etc. . . I find it really inspiring, and as long as you are willing to put up with usernames such as W-H-O0-R-E-Z you are ok, I tend to ignore that tat, I can't be bothered with it, instead I curate my own little world in images, and ALL images I post are linked back to their source (If they are re-blogged, well I can't help that!) reblogging, that's another issue I have with Tumblr . .
Does anyone really see Tumblr as blogging? I know a few people do write posts on it, but the majority are just for image inspiration no?
3. Fashiolista <<pssst that goes to my profile! (I'm a fashion junkie. I'll admit it. and yes I just have spent another 80 euro on clothes today - I was going to buy some boots, oh my gosh they are perfect, BUT they don't have them online, and they didn't have my size in store yesterday!!! - That aside, I often forget to log my finds into Fashiolista, but I think it's a great source of inspiration!!)
- If you're still with me after that ridiculously long post, well done, have 50 euro! . . . orrr. . . you could listen to this tune. It's my boyfriend's band, and I am ridiculously proud of them, so go and listen. Off you pop!
- Much love.