- The other night I was sat in the pub after a little bit of an argument with the Mr (resolved now. kissed. made up!) with some of my best friends, because of the significant morphine consumption at the moment (still, I know, it's been a long time now!) I can't actually drink, I was having a strop as it was and one of my friends threw a magazine at me, which I then decided to read. . (antisoc, you don't need to tell me!)
- I'll get on to what I found in that magazine, which grossed me out, a little later, but first, just look at these beautiful portraits.
- After I had finished being considerably grossed out by said other art project, I stumbled across these portraits, and I love them so much. . . the simplicity of them, yet the complexity of the subject choices.
- Now, here, is what I found originally. . .
- why yes! yes these are dead flies arranged onto drawings!
- My initial reaction is 'eugh!' - but then I started to think that actually, is rather clever, then my thoughts went to 'how many flies does this guy have in his house?!' I mean, there are plenty there, but those are just the dead ones. . . does he collect dead flies? does he re-use his dead flies? Why dead flies?!
- So many questions I want to ask the guy. . . but he redeemed himself with the portraiture!
(I'm also not going to lie, the image of the fly shaving it's legs on the toilet seat made me giggle!)
- All Images can be found here.