Wednesday 17 August 2011

The August Break 2011: #14, #15 & #16

medium_k8cLhS


- These are late, but there is a reason.

- This Saturday I was taken into hospital (long story short : Broken spine) and I have been unable to walk / sit / use much of my body at the moment.

- I have been prescribed a LOT of morphine, as well as various other drugs (I'm thinking of opening up a pharmacy, Hanna's Remedies!) I haven't really been functioning normally, and I have spent most of the time laid flat, not moving, waiting for my next round of drugs. It's not fun. . . . but today I was determined to move about a bit. . and have been slowly (read: VERY SLOWLY) walking.

- Imagine a heavily pregnant lady and how she walks, that's how I'm moving, but slower! I felt ridiculous but at least Im moving again!! hey ho! what can you do ey?!


-This rainbow was SO bright, I hate how you can never quite capture the magnificance of a rainbow, no matter how hard you try (well I can't anyway, and I don't get much practice on account of rainbows not being too frequent around these here parts!)

DSC_07122

- A flock of birds sitting in the field near my house, it's magic when they all take off at once! ( do birds take off?! That makes them sound like a plane!)

DSC_0772

-My bedroom window, this is what I have been staring at for a couple of days. As nice a window it is, it looked a lot prettier when it started to rain, yet you could still see the sun shining through.

signature

10 comments:

  1. Hi Hanna!
    what a bummer! well... I can imagine how you must be feeling, but hey, you're walking, right? That's good news! :) Take it slowly, someone up there is forcing you to rest a bit from this wild life. So, go ahead and catch up some nice movies you haven't had chance to see, or a nice book... (when I'm in a bad mood I like to lay down and drool over a good recipe book with a cup of tea next to me) Oh, and you always have this amazing blog-world to keep in touch with life. Hope you recover fast. **

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that you broke your spine and are laid up and in such pain. I too hope you have a quick recovery. Your picture of your bedroom window is wonderful...magical in the moment of sunshine and raindrops. Thanks for sharing it. Blessings-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou so much ladies, you made me smile after a rubbish couple of days, you're both so lovely!

    @Inês - Taking things slowly is so not me, but I'm kind of forced to at the moment, hence the agitation! I have been making pompoms (useless, but they are colourful hanging around my room!) and online shopping. . . ooohh I am the proud owner of some gorgeous vintage items, and my bank balance hates me!!!

    @Cheryl - Thankyou for you well wishes, it isn't the first time I've done it (sadly, it's an old injury that I've managed to re fracture) . . and it's killer, so debilitating! (I advise you to take my word for it, and not try it!) . . The weather was just so crazy I had to share! don't you find it odd when it both rains. . .and shines at the same time?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better late than never. These photos are so gorgeous they were worth the wait!

    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    seeing steel magnolias

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I hope you're doing better ;)
    nice pics!!
    xo xo from Belgium
    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better. Have a nice week. Wanna see those pompoms ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you will recover very soon.
    And you captured the rainbow quite well, the colors look bright.
    Take care, and rest, and drink a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Hanna, I just passed you the "versatile blogger" award, you can check it here;

    http://poppiesandicecream.blogspot.com/2011/08/yay.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello ladies, I haven't been able to be near a computer much thre last week, so I am sorry if I didn't reply to your comments, but I have been able to read them on a borrowed phone with internet access. They have honestly lifted my spirits so much.

    @Kel - 'better late than never' should be my catchphrase, superhero style! I'm always running late, but (I'd like to think) I'm worth the wait!

    @Serena - I'm doing OK, not better, but definitely not worse! thankyou so much.

    @Inês - you are soo lovely! and of course you will see them, I have a plan for them, a brilliant plan!

    @Amanda - Thankyou so much (for the award) that was so unexpected and so unbelieveably nice of you!, also thankyou for your comments on my pictures. . plus is it wrong that when you said 'drink a lot' my first thoughts were the pub?! haha I'm being careful I promise!

    os quiero mucho
    besos

    ReplyDelete

Oh, heeyyyy!
go on . . leave a comment. . you know you want to! (and I want you to really!)