Wednesday 22 June 2011

10. "It's Too Late For McDonalds" Homemade Burger Recipe

- Sometimes, it's just all about junk food.

- Speaking generally, I have a really good diet, I hardly ever eat anything 'bad'. I can't remember the last time I ate chips, and I never put salt on or in anything. But sometimes, just sometimes, all you want to do is come home at night, eat a burger and be lazy!

- I compromised, and made these healthier burgers from a recipe devised by me and my sister a while ago. This makes a LOT of burgers, enough to feed the whole family, and a few for the freezer aswell!

- They are speedy to make, not half as long as you would expect, If you preheat the oven, you can rustle up these within half an hour. I have a food processer that lives in the kitchen, I used that to quickly blitz the apple and onion instead of having to chop and grate - it was just easier, and my hands didn't stink of onions afterwards!

750g Pork Mince
1 egg
1 apple - grated
1 onion - finely chopped
1 pack (85g) - Sage and Onion Stuffing mix
Bung it in a bowl. Mix it round a bit until it is good and combined!

Take a dessert spoon to measure out the right amount into your hands, and make little patties. You should get about 25 from this mix.


Once you have made all of your burgers, cook them! either . . .
1. Place them on a baking sheet, and cook for 20 minutes at 160°c (until they are no longer pink in the middle)
2. Add a little oil to a frying pan and fry them until they are cooked through.
3. Cook them on the BBQ!

- Ah summer! One of the only good things about the slightly warmer weather is the food. These burgers are perfect for the BBQ, served with spinach salad, Ciabatta bread and onion relish.

- Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, heeyyyy!
go on . . leave a comment. . you know you want to! (and I want you to really!)