Sunday 26 June 2011

Songs on Sunday #3

- Another end to a week, and to be honest, it's both gone ridiculously fast, and so so slowly at the same time.

- I had a bit of a spat with a friend, made some mistakes with another. . . and the only song I have really listened to is Porta - La bella y la bestia . . . It's a beautiful song, and there is nothing that makes me more emotional than driving along in the middle of the night singing this, and I mean REALLY singing! Asides the fact that I am totally in love with Christian Jiménez Bundo, totally, I'd marry him right here, right now if he asked! - I love his lyrics, they just get to me. (and his voice is fit- said like a true 13 year old!!)

- I love the lyrics to this song especially

"Se que me quieres mi vida
yo se que no habra mas heridas
mañana sera un nuevo dia
Y otra vez seremos felices de nuevo"

Tomorrow IS a new day, and we will be happy again!



- Here's some other songs I have been in love with for a while


- All of these songs hold quite a lot of sentimental value to me. They are not necesarily the best songs in the world, but they bring back a lot of memories for me. I want to share them with you.

- Nearly three years ago now (wow time flies!) I got out of a particularly violent relationship and allthough I was glad, I was also so, so very lost. Music was how I passed the time, pretty songs that I had never given a second chance before. Up until this point I was into this . . . and this. . . and NOTHING else. I still love From Autumn To Ashes and The Number 12 Looks Like You and all sorts of 'heavier' music, but this period in my life really opened my mind to different sorts of music.

- One of the most important people in my life, was my music teacher. I used to visit him every week after school, and it was him who introduced me to Jim Moray. I also used Jim Moray's lyrics in an english essay to blag knowing a ballad off by heart! Jim Moray has such a beautiful voice, and his lyrics really mean something, they tell a story, not just meaningless words.

- Jim Moray's website introduced me to St Vincent, and Gypsy Cz was part of my obsession with foreign music, and the czech republic *rolls eyes*. I have plenty of Czech music. . but I shall spare you that for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, heeyyyy!
go on . . leave a comment. . you know you want to! (and I want you to really!)