Wednesday 29 June 2011

A Love Affair With: Dane Shitagi & The Ballerina Project #4

- My sister, is a ballerina. I like to send her ballet related art via email when I am away from home (just so she doesn't forget me!) It has become our little tradition.

- I found the work of Dane Shitagi a while ago, and I have no idea how I came accross it, but, I sure am glad I did.

- The New York based photographer is not at all my usual choice. I like colours and bold portraits, Dane's work usually reflects dancers in black and white, and more often than not, from quite a distance.

- There is no denying his work is the glorious joining of two art forms, as he captures dancers out of their normal context. I especially love the commentary to his images he provides on his blog, where you can see exactly what he was thinking at the time.

tumblr_lfy53u3hOk1qdx47so1_500

tumblr_llgv4kzSrN1qdx47so1_500

tumblr_l82oz6xV2E1qdx47so1_500

tumblr_ldwmdmRznv1qdx47so1_500

tumblr_lfu90h93cC1qdx47so1_500

tumblr_lf4cfgwTCS1qdx47so1_500

All pictures are here
Dale Shitagi 2010/2011


- The thing I love most in photography, is when the essence of the person is truly captured- probably why I prefer portraits, Shitagi manages to capture this, without the need to focus harshly on the facial expressions of the individuals; something which I believe is quite difficult to achieve.

- You can become a fan of the Ballerina Project on facebook which is regularly updated with more of Shitagi's exciting work.


1 comment:

  1. I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this increase.

    Feel free to surf to my page ... pożyczki chwilówki na dowód

    ReplyDelete

Oh, heeyyyy!
go on . . leave a comment. . you know you want to! (and I want you to really!)